What are the Administrative Safeguards of HIPAA?
The administrative components are really important when implementing a HIPAA compliance program;
you are required to:
- Assign a privacy officer
- Complete a risk assessment annually
- Implement employee training
- Review policies and procedures
- Execute Business Associate Agreements (BAAs) with all partners who handle protected health information (PHI)
Companies like Accountable can help with the administrative components of a compliance program.
- Accountable – http://accountablehq.com
- Compliance Helper – http://www.compliancehelper.com
- Compliancy Group – http://compliancy-group.com